Active IQ supports BTN Academy to create first Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition Coaching. Active IQ has worked closely with highly-acclaimed fitness professional Ben Coomber and his company, the BTN Academy to create the industry’s first Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition Coaching, which starts on May 14th.
The BTN Academy has operated for a number of years as an independent education provider. During this time they have offered evidence-based nutrition courses to fitness professionals and the general public, but they have now sought official recognition to confirm their status as a regulated Level 4 qualification, and in so doing work to increase the standards of the health and fitness industry as a whole. The course is aimed at current or soon-to-be fitness professionals looking to enhance their skillset by offering nutrition coaching to clients. The qualification provides learners with the knowledge and understanding necessary to help clients improve their nutritional habits through personalised coaching, meaning that they will learn how to provide individualised, non-prescriptive and evidence-based advice to those with whom they work.
The course promises the following:
- Know how to work with a diverse range of clients, all with completely different goals
- Massively improve client adherence using the science of behaviour change
- Truly master the anatomy, physiology and endocrinology relevant to nutrition
- Improve your client communication, helping you to navigate client barriers
- Learn how to properly monitor consistency and adherence over time
- Develop ways in which you can provide accountability, mentorship, and support to the clients you coach
- Be able to assess nutrition clients effectively and efficiently
- Be able to set clients up for long-term, sustainable success
- Increase your critical thinking skills, so you can keep progressing long after you graduate
- Join the BTN online community, a group of coaches committed to changing lives
- Learn around work and home life, in your own time
- Really understand your role – where you can help, and what to do when you can’t
- Intakes in May and November
Before enrolling on this new Level 4 qualification, it’s recommended that learners have a basic level of nutritional knowledge in the form of an accredited qualification such as the Active IQ Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Exercise and Health, the Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training or other training such as the BTN Foundation Academy. The qualification is delivered online, and is available worldwide in any time zone.
“Nutrition can be such a grey area for many fitness professionals,” says James Clack, Business Development Manager for Active IQ. “This new qualification will give PTs and Fitpros the right coaching skills, enabling them to support their clients and deliver sound nutritional advice with absolute confidence”.
“We really believe that proper nutrition coaching can change lives, and we want our learners to be in the absolute best position to accomplish that; that means we need to look not only at the science of nutrition, but at the art of its application in the real world,” says Tom Bainbridge, BTN Academy Manager.
“As such, we teach from a diverse range of disciplines including biology, psychology and the social sciences. It’s our aim to be a force for good in the fitness industry, arming fitness professionals with the skills they need to work ethically, effectively, and with integrity. We’re extremely pleased to be the first course provider to work with Active IQ to bring this kind of education to the table”.