Future Fit Training is launching an exciting new series of awards for the health and fitness industry, to commemorate its 25th anniversary.
The Future Fit Training Legacy Awards have been created to reward those individuals who are passionate about training and making a difference to their clients and communities and, in doing so, giving something back to the sector. The awards will give 25 finalists, drawn from the entries and competing in five categories, the chance to win from a prize pot totalling £75,000 worth of training and business support and, crucially, the opportunity to make their own difference to the industry.
The five categories that make up the awards are:
- The Get on Track awards, in partnership with the Dame Kelly Holmes Trust, which works with under privileged 16-24yr olds from deprived coastal areas
- The Pitch for the Switch awards, in partnership with Switch the Play, which helps elite athletes who are transitioning from their sporting career to a career in fitness
- The Raise Your Bar awards, which gives both Future Fit Graduates and current students the opportunity to win thousands of pounds of training, mentoring and business support
- The Dare to be Great awards, for individuals looking to embark on a career in the fitness industry, offering them the chance to win up to £5,000 worth of training to kickstart their new careers
- It’s All About You, an award dedicated to Future Fit Training staff.
Applicants for each category are invited to put together a video submission detailing how they would use the prize to make a difference to the industry, their community and their clients. Five submissions will be selected from each category to create 25 finalists, who will each win prizes worth up to £5,000. Each will pitch their ideas to a panel of selected industry judges during the day of the awards event, which will take place in Portland Place, London on 10th October 2019.
Winners will be revealed at the glittering awards ceremony that evening, which will also see invited guests and judges who have been part of the sector’s journey over the past 25 years come together to celebrate with drinks and a sit-down dinner.
Rob Johnson, Founder and MD of Future Fit Training, explains: “This year, Future Fit turns 25. We’re now regarded as one of the UK’s leading training providers, but the journey hasn’t always been easy and, to get where we are today, we’ve had to remain dedicated to the mission we set out on all those years ago – to improve standards of training and make a difference to the industry.
“Today, we still have that same mission and every day we endeavour to achieve it by striving for excellence. Our new Legacy Awards are an opportunity for us to give something back to the industry that has served us so well, to look back at the last 25 years and to look forward to the next 25 through our winners. We hope that in leading by example we can make a difference to our learners, our staff, our partners, our industry and ultimately, our society. Through the Legacy Awards we hope to encourage people who really want to make a difference to get involved in the fitness industry and to those passionate individuals already working in our sector to do all they can to bring about positive change.”