Worried about getting ill at the gym? Myprotein looks into just how hygienic they are…
- 50% of Brits don’t wipe down the equipment after they’ve finished
- More staph bacteria and specifically MRSA (which is resistant to antibiotics) can be found on medicine balls and treadmill handles than on toilet handles
If you’re worried about getting ill, then you might be second guessing the place where you spend the bulk of your time: the gym.
With plenty of other people touching, sweating, and spluttering over the surfaces, can you really avoid illness as you exercise?
Myprotein has looked into exactly how hygienic the gym really is and what you can do to stay well….https://www.myprotein.com/thezone/training/how-hygienic-is-your-gym/
Extra tips regarding COVID-19:
- Use hand sanitizers and wash your hands frequently and thoroughly. We suggest before and after each session as a standard.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Don’t touch your face with unwashed hands.
- Work the new trend of elbow bumping rather than hugging or shaking hands! Let’s air high five our neighbours for a sign of good job. Limit touching another person to what is absolutely necessary.
- Clean all equipment thoroughly after you use it and leave it ready for the next person with your own pack of sanitizing wipes (minimum 60% alcohol content is advised).
- Remain home if you have any symptoms, feel unwell, or have been in contact with anyone who is known to have the virus.